Did You Know These Things About Langtang Valley Trek? | Must Read
In this article, we are going to explore some facts and discover some interesting things you probably did not knew or unsure about Langtang Valley Trek. These things are good to know if you are planning for this delightful adventure around beautiful valleys, Himalayas and landscapes.
- First of all you must have known that April 25th 2015 was deadliest day for Nepal when earthquake triggered avalanche at Langtang region where more than 300 people were missing with many dead and several small settlements being buried.
But did you know that it is absolutely safe to visit the region now. Tea house trekking can be organized with meals and accommodation all arranged. Langtang is still beautiful now. And as tourism is the main source of income for local inhabitants, they are eagerly watching the trails. Trekking in Langtang region creates job opportunities at local level and creates positive impacts on local economy.
- You must have known that there are plenty of ATMs in major cities like Kathmandu, Pokhara. But did you know that there is ATM in Syabrubesi too which is the starting point of Langtang Valley Trek which can come handy if you wish to withdraw few cash.
- If you have been to Everest Base Camp Trek, you must have known that there is wifi internet available along the trails. But did you know that there is no wifi along the Langtang Valley Trek trails. However, you can get connected via mobile internet companies like Ncell/NTC.
- You must have known that you need TIMS and Langtang National Park entrance permit to join this trek. But did you know that you need to arrange all those permits in Kathmandu. You can’t get them at Syabrubesi or any other place. Nevertheless, if you are trekking with government registered trekking companies; they will arrange all these permits for you.
- You must have known that Kyangin ri is the highest point of this Langtang valley Trek at 4350m above sea level. But did you know that there is a place called Cherku Ri which is higher than Kyangin Ri (above 5000m) and takes one full day to get there offering majestic views of Langtang and other surrounding Himalayan peaks.
- And finally you must have known many things about Langtang Valley Trek. But did you know that now is the best time (autumn months) to embark in for this delightful adventure. Email us if you have any enquiries. We want to hear from you.