+977-9851254035 (Indira)

Upper Mustang Trek Permit

  • 24-Jan-2020
  • 0

As you wish to trek in the restricted area which are directly connected with another country having an open boarder, require special permits according to the Government policies. Among some restricted zones, Upper Mustang is also one which is an isolated and hidden Kingdom. This zone is Buddhist Kingdom is connected to the boarder of China (Tibet)

Upper Mustang is still popular as the Kingdom of Lo was officially opened before 15 years. Therefore, before. Lying in the Himalayan rain shadow, the trek is moderately difficult. Reaching there, we have to walk passing Kali Gandaki Valley which is breathtaking.

Although this trek offers the lifetime experiences, is one of the most expensive trekking trials because of its different special trekking permits which are explained below.

Upper Mustang Trekking Permit Cost

Mustang restricted Permits: For the first 10 days per person US $500 and After 10 days per day per person US$50.

ACAP (Annapurna Conservation Area Project Permit) US$ 27 or NPR 3000

For SAARC Nation ACAP permit cost NPR 1,000 and TIMS NPR 200

ACAP entry fee for a local tourist (Nepali trekkers) NPR 100

Necessary documents for Trekking Permits

An original visa and passport

Passport having minimum 6 months’ validity

PP sized printed 2 photos

A scanned copy of your photo

Travel Insurance (Optional)

Can I trek Upper Mustang alone?

No, you will not get the trekking permit yourself. You need to go with authorized trekking company. This trek is designed on the basis of minimum 2 people in a group.

Where can I get Upper Mustang trekking permit?

All the restricted zone permits are issued by the Department of the Nepal immigration office in Maitighar, Kathmandu.  Nepal Tourism board and TAAN do not issue this trekking permit. However other trekking permits as Everest Base Camp permit, MCAP and ACAP are issued by them.

Leave Your Comment

Associated and certified

Government of nepal

Registered with: Company Registration Office, Government of Nepal

Government of nepal

Licensed by: Nepal Tourism Board & Department of Tourism


Proud Member of Trekking Agency's Association of Nepal


General Member of Nepal Mountaineering Association